In the heart of the Hohe Tauern, where the peaks of the three thousanders string together, lie the municipalities of Obervellach and Reißeck. Here the winter plays off its strong sides: In the midst of Carinthia’s highest ski areas Moelltaler glacier (3,120 m) and Ankogel (2,565 m), skiers and freeriders enjoy the best snow conditions. The region is also the starting point for wonderful ski tours with firn slopes in a magnificent countryside, and as an air and Schroth health resort for it encourages winter pleasure!
OUR TIPS FOR WINTER PLEASURE:
- SkiPlus: Our "alternative" winter offers enrich the ski holidays with enchanting moments.
- Family: The winter in Upper Carinthia is colourful and versatile. Families enjoy sledging, guided snow shoe tours or winter horseback riding.
- Winter actvities: Discover the most beautiful winter tours online
- In great nature: Discover the fascinating winter in the Hohe Tauern National Park with a ski tour, snow shoe trekking, winter hiking or cross-country skiing in great nature!
- The Schroth therapy is one of the most ancient European treatments. It cleans and purifies the body through the three elements diet, drinks and sudorific cure packs